- This event has passed.
Oswego Holiday Express
December 12, 2020 @ 2:00 pm - 7:30 pm
One event on December 11, 2020 at 4:00 pm
One event on December 12, 2020 at 2:00 pm
One event on December 13, 2020 at 2:10 pm
The Oswegoland Park District has just received official word that while families are unable to travel to the North Pole this year, Santa will be taking The Holiday Express to Oswego! Santa will indeed be coming to town! He’ll be bringing friends and serving cookies & Village Grind cocoa ‘as thick and rich as melted chocolate bars’ too! Families in jammies wanting a silver bell from Santa’s sleigh will enjoy a warm and magical drive through the entire event, taking an option of a perfectly-positioned, socially distanced picture with Santa himself if they so choose. The Drive to Santa will check in at Prairie Point Center , 313 East Washington in 10 minute windows. Everyone in your vehicle is required to register. There are no refunds for this event.
REGISTERED PARTICIPANT INFORMATION
You MUST Check-In at Your Registered Time.
- Enter Check-in off Plainfield Road at 313 East Washington, the first driveway from the corner. This smooth and sweet Santa system doesn’t allow for late arrivals.
- Each person in your car must be registered to enter the drive to Santa. Don’t make it awkward – call Kendra and get everyone registered at 630.554.4465.
- Tune in to Oswego Holiday Express Radio at 87.9FM.
- You will enjoy the entire short route in the enclosed parking lot from your vehicle.
- Self-monitor and self-screen for signs and symptoms of COVID-19. Stay home if you are sick.
PRE-ORDER YOUR DRIVE THRU DELIGHTS
We’re so happy to present delicious Panera Bread Mitten Cookies along with Oswego’s favorite brew, the Village Grind.
- To avoid delays, we’d like to prepare your preferred coffee and cocoa as you pull up. Tell us what everyone wants in advance on this easy-peasy order form by this Thursday at Noon.
- Please indicate any allergies on the form. Mrs. Claus will be ready! We have gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, or peanut-free cookies if you need them.
- All staff will be masked, including Santa. We require our guests mask up too when interacting outside of your vehicle.
- Santa has a wave and a personal greeting for everyone. He still wants to hear what kiddos want for Christmas, so please write Santa a letter and drop it in Frosty’s Mailbox at the event. Jolly Old St. Nick and his team will reply to all letters that include a legible return address.
- When you do see Santa, you can say hello from your car. If you feel comfortable, children can leave the vehicle, with your assistance where necessary, and stand on the Red X. Our staff photographer will take a picture of Santa and the kids. These will be on the District’s Flickr page by 9pm for complimentary downloads.
- Parents can take as many pictures as you want by car, but to keep things moving, only the staff photographer will be taking pictures outside your vehicle.
- Please pull forward to the available parking spots and make sure your cargo is back to buckled up before exiting onto Grove Road.