Looking for space to grow your own garden? Plant your favorite produce in your own community garden plot. Our community garden is located behind the Park District’s South Point facility and available on an annual basis.
About our Community Garden
- Option of large or small plots: 20’x 20’ or 10’x 10’
- Composting areas for gardener’s use
- Wood chips on the 10 ft. paths
- Handicapped accessible port-o-let on the site
- Wood chips and organic compost available to gardeners
Returning gardeners will have priority registration with the opportunity to choose the same plot they gardened last summer.
2020 Dates and details for garden plot registration:
April 1 – Registration open (returning gardener plots held until April 14)
April 27 – Garden plots open (weather permitting)
November 9 – Garden plots must be cleaned off for the season
Registration Fee for Garden Plots:
20×20 ft. plot $20(R)/$30(N)
10×10 ft. plot $10(R)/$20(N)
Registration must be completed in person at South Point