New participant registrations will be accepted beginning Monday, January 30.
View the Registration Information Letter.
Questions? Contact our Preschool Coordinator at 630.554.4060.
Children must be 2 by September 1 of the school year they will be attending.
This program introduces children to the classroom setting where children can feel safe away from their parents. Emphasis is placed on social interaction, emotional growth and learning through play. Thoroughly Threes meet at Civic Center, Boulder Point, and South Point.
- Learn to follow directions and take turns
- Strengthen fine motor skills through the use of manipulatives
- Receive an introduction to letters and numbers
- Introduction to the Jolly Phonics program
- Explore various art materials
- Enjoy circle time and free play
- Activities in Spanish, music, dance, and yoga
Children must be 3 by September 1 of the school year they will be attending.
Teacher to Student Ratio – 1:6
“I love the [Park District’s] Preschool Program!! As a parent and a teacher, it is important for me to find a program that would engage my child in many creative ways and also make it fun for my children.” ~Lisa P.
Our classes for four year olds places greater emphasis on readiness skills needed for kindergarten including language, phonics, reading, and math concepts. Classes are designed to help children learn and grow in a stimulating and enriching environment. Pre-Kindergarten meets at Civic Center, Boulder Point, and South Point.
- Identify upper case and lower case letters
- Journal to promote creativity & early writing skills
- Increase math readiness through sequencing patterns, categorizing objects, identifying size relationships & recognizing numbers
- Reinforcement of recognition and letter sounds through the Jolly Phonics program
- Refine large and fine motor skills with activities targeted to develop muscle control
- Be encouraged to problem solve, make decisions & resolve conflicts appropriately
- Explore art, science, and Spanish materials
- Enjoy circle time and free play
|4 Days/Week||9:15-11:30am||12:15-2:30pm or 12:30-3:00|
Children must be 4 by September 1 of the school year they will be attending.
Teacher to Student Ratio – 1:7
“I am so incredibly thankful that Gavin and Charlie were blessed with amazing teachers that love them and care for them as deeply as both of you do. Krista- thank you for providing such an amazing program that has helped my big 3 grow as learners and little people! My heart is so full of gratitude for all the work and love you have all poured into my family. Thank you, thank you, thank you!! ” ~Laura R.
Nature-Based Preschool at Civic Center
This unique nature-based curriculum combines our high-quality early childhood learning program with age-appropriate play-based educational activities. Children will discover the natural world while developing cognitive, physical, social, emotional, and creative development. The Nature-Based Preschool outdoor classroom is located at the Civic Center.
“[Nature-Based Preschool] has been the most positive experience for our son. He has learned so much beyond just the normal preschool curriculum. The information about nature and animals and plant life cycles is stuff he would not have had in any other preschool class. We are so impressed with the program and the set up at the Civic Center. Mrs. Karen and Mrs. Heather are fabulous teachers for the program and we could not be happier with this year. We have all enjoyed the experience of the nature-based program and will miss it next year… I will recommend it to everyone.” ~Nature-Based Preschool Parent
Learn more about the Benefits of Connecting Children with Nature
Register for 2023-2024
New participant registrations will be accepted beginning Monday, January 30. View the Registration Information Letter.
Please contact Krista Casanovas, Preschool Coordinator, at 630.554.4060 with questions or to request a tour.
- View the Registration Information Letter.
- Registration requires a non-refundable registration fee (per child): $50 ($75 registration fee after August 1, 2023)
2023-2024 School Year Payments
|Threes or Pre-K||$24(R)/$26(N)|
The Park District will make reasonable accommodations to allow children with life-threatening allergies to participate in our programs. We recommend that the parent or guardian reads our policy in full and provides the Park District with all information, training, authorizations, and waiver/release forms prior to registering a child with a life-threatening allergy. Download the policy and forms included in the Allergy Packet and upload to ePACT.
Meet our teachers!
We’re excited to introduce our parents and participants to our exceptional staff! All teachers are required to complete 15 hours of continuing education per year. In addition, they are CPR/AED and First Aid certified.
Looking to extend your Preschooler’s day? Try an enrichment class!