Per Governor Pritzker’s announcement yesterday, all regions of the state will move to Tier 3 Resurgence Mitigations in an effort to curb the increased spread of COVID-19.
The new guidelines affect many Park District programs and facilities.
Please make note of the following changes beginning at 4:00pm on Wednesday, November 18:
- All in-person programming and events, with the exception of Kid’s Connection & Junior Kid’s Connection, will be PAUSED through Sunday, December 6.
- Virtual programming will continue as scheduled.
- Prorated credits will be issued automatically for missed classes by Friday, December 4.
- The District will follow state guidance in determining if programming is able to resume on Monday, December 7.
- Park District facilities will be CLOSED to the public during this time.
- Parks, Trails, and Playgrounds REMAIN OPEN.
- Fox Bend Golf Course is OPEN. Reserve your Tee Time Online.
- Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Phones will not be staffed at this time.
We understand the importance of our services not only for recreation, but for the mental and physical wellness of our whole community. As always, we are committed to offering recreational outlets to keep you and your family active while also keeping you safe and healthy.
The District will continue to closely follow recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control, Illinois Department of Public Health, Restore Illinois Plan, and local health officials as it pertains to parks and recreation activities.
Thank you for your ongoing patience, support, and flexibility as we collectively navigate this pandemic together.
Follow us on Facebook for videos, resources, and more ways for you to play at home.