The Oswegoland Park District is the steward to over 600 acres of natural land. Help protect and build upon the work of restoring prairies, wetlands, and woodlands throughout our District.
We welcome volunteers of all ages. Volunteers age 14 and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. As a volunteer, you are limited only by the amount of service you are willing to offer. You will gain new skills, work outdoors, meet new people, and become involved in this important mission.
- Planting new prairies, wetlands, and woodland sites throughout the district’s vast array of watersheds, detention areas, and proposed recreated natural areas.
- Nursery operation and food pantry garden management.
- Removing invasive plant species that contribute to the loss of plant, animal, bird, and insect diversity.
- Natural resource recovery work including native seed collection, processing, and plant propagation.
- General trail maintenance, litter patrol, and vandalism reporting.
For more information or to volunteer your time and talent, email Dave Margolis or call 630.554.4439.