SUNDAYS | JUN 28-OCT 18, 2020 | 9:00am-1:00pm
Shop local with plenty of choices to buy fresh produce, meats, eggs, artisan cheeses, specialty foods like pasta, olives, popcorn, honey & spices, and handmade items in our outdoor, open air market.
With the health and safety of our community in mind, the Oswego Country Market plans to run this season with some modifications. Based on the guidance provided by the Illinois Farmers Market Association and Kendall County Health Department, we will be making the temporary shift towards a more functional and transactional setup that complies with social distancing protocol, and aligns more with the “In & Out” style many markets are implementing this year. Changes include:
- Later Start: June 28-October 18 (still 17 weeks)
- New Layout & Shopper Flow: We are creating a layout with a designated entrance and exit that establishes a one-way traffic flow through the market and opens up additional patron parking near the market
- Less Vendors: To fit within our new footprint and accommodate greater spacing between booths for social distancing, we will be able to accept less vendors than a typical season
- New Protocol & Handling Practices: Please see the Customer Guidelines & Vendor Guidelines that have been created based on recommendations from the Illinois Farmers Market Association.
- Minimized Opportunity for Gathering: There will be no tables and chairs to sit and eat, and no additional music or activities
- Preordered Bundle Options: We are working on a process for creating weekly bundles of products that can be preordered and picked up Curbside each week for patrons who do not wish to walk through the market
BE A VENDOR
2020 Season vendor information is available now.
• Check out our FAQ sheet for basic information
• Review the Application Packet, complete with Rules & Regulations and vendor applications
• Information will be available May 1 for Community Groups interested in participating in the market.
We certainly understand apprehension with the current COVID-19 (Coronvirus). Right now it is important to proactively institute some ‘social distancing’, breaking down large group gatherings in an effort to head off illness and quash the fast spread. This period may last several weeks. We are optimistic this will not be the case by June. The Oswegoland Park District is committed to hosting a safe market and being fair and equitable to our partners, the vendors. In any situation where the cancellation of the Oswego Country Market by the Oswegoland Park District is necessary (in part or full), we would issue an appropriate refund.
WALK & BIKE TO THE MARKET
With all of the exciting growth in downtown Oswego, parking will be more limited during the market this season. We encourage you to leave your car at home and walk or bike to the market. Check out this map for safe routes and estimated travel times.
2019 SEASON VENDORS
Everyday Essential Oils
Hemp Club Jewelry
My Creations – Farmhouse Wreaths
Tabletop Beanbag Games
The Rustic Polkadot
Tranquility Base Candles & Diffusers
White Blossom Soaps
Pet Treats & Products
4 Natural Paws
Cutting Edge by the Blacksmith
Like us on Facebook for updates and details of upcoming dates.
Questions? Contact Cori Veverka at 630.554.4433 or email email@example.com.
Thank you to Bob Tripp, N.M.Tripp Insurance Agency, Inc., The Prom Shoppe & Bella-Gia Boutique, Floral Expressions, and Lil’ Emm’s Boutique for generously allowing the market to set up in their parking lots. Shoppers and vendors love the downtown location as it draws a crowd to Main Street on Sunday mornings!